Rockhampton Engineering and Maintenance Service was established in 1984 to service mining, quarrying, agricultural and forestry industries. The business has built up over the years and now consists of a 1000 square metre workshop with 3 overhead cranes, with a lift capacity of 16 tons and 3 swing away cranes to service lathes, mills etc.
The workshop is fully equipped with
- 6 x Centre Lathes: capacity of 1.39 meters swing x 3 meters between centres and 1.2 meters x 5 meters between centres.
- 3 x Horizontal Boring Machines: 1.5 meters long, 1.8 meters cross travel and 1.2 meters centre height.
- 2 x Milling Machines: for general milling, gear and spline cutting.
- 2 x CNC Lathes: 1 with live tooling, Maximum swing of 520 millimetres x 1.2 meters between centres and a spindle size of 65 mm and is suited to one off difficult to machine jobs. For Example: tapered threads, balls etc. And multiple runs of 1 to 100000.
- 1 x CNC Vertical Lathe: 2000 millimetres swing x 2000 millimetres Travel & Equipped with Live Tools.
- 2 x CNC Machining Centres: 1016 millimetres x 508 millimetres x 630 millimetres travel & 2134 millimetres x 1016 millimetres x 762 millimetres travel.
- 1 x Honing Machine: 63.5 millimetres to 600 millimetres Diameter x 4 meters
- Other ancillary Equipment includes:
I.D. bore welding, MIG Welders, TIG Welding & much more.